Monday 26 May 2014

Would you know what to do?



Wow what an eventful few days!
Would you know what to do or notice the signs of someone having a stroke?
We see the advert daily but would you notice the steps as they were happening in front of you to a love one?
Yesterday started off nice and happily Andy's bike was finished and he was off to give it a test ride, as he was going to be gone for awhile me and the girls went up to my mum & dads for dinner, Just as I had left with Daisie (Issy was already there) I got a phone call from a hysterical Andy who couldn't breathe and struggled to breathe and get out his words. 
Ahh.. Somethings happened with the bike and his come off no major panic as I knew he'd be okay but be concerned about his bike more than himself, How wrong was I?
He had infact called me in such a state because he had just witnessed his dad suffer a stroke, with that one word being said I ran as fast as I could to get to him, almost losing a toe to my jellies on the way but I'd do it again in a heartbeat, Thank god Andy had noticed from the very beginning and got the ambulance out as soon as he knew for sure.
I've seen the advert many many times but I still don't know if I would know how to react and what to do?


Luckily Andy noticed his dads face straight away and then his arms and the ambulance was there very quickly, His still in hospital but is expected to make a full recovery and is slowly gaining movement back in his left hand side.
It really has put into perspective how suddenly these things can happen one minute he was helping Andy with the finishing touches to his motorbike and within minutes he was having a stroke.




0 comments:

Post a Comment