Tuesday 14 April 2015

That Time Already?

I can't believe it's almost that time already, in just two days I'll find out what school my little Daisie-Doo's will be going to! 
She still seems way to small to be in a uniform, away from me for a full day and out in the big playground with all the older boisterous kids :(
The summer holidays will be our very last with a little one in nursery, I'll no longer have two separate school runs to do but will have two little ladies to get ready first thing in the morning as I see one into her school door I'll be taking my little legs round to her school door and leaving her in the care of her teacher for a full day while I'm left feeling like I'm missing an arm or leg, I'll have no little friend to help me with my shopping list, to entertain for another 2-3 hours until nursery time, to pick up after once I return home and sort out the house because I'll be doing that first thing in the morning after dropping both my babies off to school.
If I want to just sit back and watch her play I'll have to do so through a thick school fence while trying not to look really suspicious or let her spot me watching her.
Writing this already has my heart rate speeding up a little with the thought of just how much will be changing come September! 
No doubt it will be a good thing but this will the first time in years that I'll ever have the option more often than not to do things alone food shops, popping out for lunch, shopping with friends, house work without it all being messed up before I reached the next room, pop in for a nail infill or eyebrow tint and wax, take an afternoon nap if I want to there's so much I could do with that time but I can guarantee for the first few days I'll sit and stare aimlessly at my empty house and possibly even shed a tear or two.
I've been a mum since I was 16 and I really don't know how to be anything else even if it is just for a day, I'm not used to not wiping a little face and fingers for anything more than 3 hours a day.

4 comments:

  1. I remember the wait to find out what school my son was going to. I am not looking forward to going through it again #MummyMonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only seems like yesterday that I was waiting eagerly to find out what school my eldest was going to, It really does come round quickly x

      Delete
  2. I hope you've had good news and got the school you were after. It comes around so quick, bet it will come round quicker than I think and I''ll soon be writing a post like this! Thanks for linking up #MummyMonday host x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we got our first choice :) she's so excited to get stuck in, It has honestly come round so quickly it only seems like yesterday that she relied on me for everything now she's off starting her little adventures at school! Thank you for hosting x

      Delete