Wednesday 22 April 2015

Glossybox | The Iconic Edit


This months box was the Iconic Hollywood edit edition, I've got to be honest when I saw the sneak peek I was really excited but I expected so much more than this for what for me seems like such a big edition, How gorgeous is the box? I'm not a huge Marilyn Monroe fan like a few people I know or hollywood for that matter but the colours this months box came in were just gorgeous.

So what was in the box

Lord & Berry Lipstick pencil in kiss £1O 
The perfect Marilyn red. This modern take on a classic pillar box hue is ideal for srping. Unlike usual lipstick, it's in pencil form - making application easier than ever! Long-lasting and softening, the beautiful matte finish can also be glossed up with a slick of lip balm.
Shop at www.selfridges.com
I saw this as sneak peek on last months box and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, I'm becoming a little snowed under in red lipsticks atm it's not a colour I wear that often but it is one of Andys favourite lipstick colours on me so it's a win for him.

Astral Original Face and Body moisturiser £3.89 for 200ml 
This versatile, rich moisturising cream has been a firm favourite amongst Hollywood stars and make-up artists alike since its creation in the 1950's and we're not surprised. Perfect for all ages, Astral hydrates deep below the skin's surface and can even be used to remove make-up!
Shop at www.boots .com
I'm unsure if I'll be using this but that's nothing to do with the item its self tho! its the fact I have acrylic nails so dipping my fingers in a cream and getting cream all down my nails isn't for me, I'm a squeezy tube packaging fan.

POP Beauty Kajal eyeliner pen £6.50
Elizabeth Taylor's iconic cat eye has never been easier to recreate, thanks to this sooty black kohl pencil from pop beauty, create a flicked wing with one swipe and what's more, it's super easy to blend for a smokier effect.
Shop at www.popbeauty.co.uk
On opening I wasn't totally excited over this but then I found an avon one I had years ago and loved in a forgotten about make-up box and now I'm eager to be able to use it, It's so much easier than carrying a pencil and a shadow separately, We all know the pain of opening up your make-up and finding a powder/eyeshadow has shattered into tiny little pieces that we won't dare open because the mess it would cause.

Colour Club Barely there nail polish £4.10
Nude nails are a key trend for this spring, which also has roots in the Hollywood era. This is one of our favourite shades for the coming season and compliments any skin tone or a glossy and sophisticated finish.
Shop at www.colorclub.com
I've got to admit I was a little disappointed to get another nail polish but how gorgeous is that nude colour! I'm going nude,grey and mushroom grey crazy when it comes to nails to the point I've been considering ditching my beloveded acrylics for a bit just to be able to switch up colours as often as possible.

Nougat London Soothing bath pearls £6
An indulgent pre-event or part treat, these pearls lace the bath with a delicate fragrance and have a very subtle shimmer which stays on skin, creating a limb-lengthening sheen.
Shop at www.nougatlondon.co.uk
I don't know anyone that would be disappointed to receive bath pearls, I'm a sucker for anything fancy to put in my bath. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment