Saturday 16 November 2013

Whens to old?

Recently Andy suggested we get Issy a little more stylish and not so smothered in character stuff like hello kitty, Minnie mouse etc as he's concerned she may get bullied at school, Everyone has the usual black/navy coat, biker jackets, parker jackets and generally really cute stylish coats and there's our little Issy in a pink coat covered in hello kitty's. It's cute but of course having your child bullied is every parents worst nightmare. I'm terrified she may start having other kids call her a baby or comment on the fact her clothes are a bit babyish at times but at the same time I want her to know if she likes and she's happy others opinions really don't matter,  I know shops sell character clothes for older girls but they have more of a stylish design to them and aren't so child like, Of course I don't want to take her childhood away and make her grow up to quickly either, I see plenty of other little girls the same age as Issy looking super cute and very stylish with their little bun doughnuts in, big bows, little bags etc

So I'd like other mummy opinions are we panicking to much? 
she will be 6 in January
I think we should opt for the more stylish designs of characters and not the so toddler looking designs which fixes the problem altogether she's not having her childhood ripped away, she's stylish and she's happy

4 comments:

  1. I let Keira wear character designs but it's usually from the older girls sections so it's never really babyish. If she wanted a jacket with characters on it I'd let her get one but not for school. She just wears plain coloured school jackets. Her bag has the Little Mermaid on it. A lot of the girls at Keira's school wear characters bags until they get to about P.6/P.7. I don't anyone is ever too old for characters clothes as long as the style is right for the person age. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm a right sucker Minnie mouse atm and of course jack & sally, She has a princess lunch box & P.E bag, I recently bought her a parka style coat for school and general wear (she looked at it the day before and said she'd like it) but when I got it she point blank refused to wear it :( I'm going to attempt buying the black coat she said she'd like before and see if she will wear it like she says she will, Andy's so worried about her being bullied and he noticed she's nearly the only one with a character coat at school, Of course I am too but I've not noticed the coat thing until he mentioned it, I'll see if she will wear the black one :) I bought her a river island scarf & hat that are joined the hat has fur round the front and has two bobbles hanging down (perfect for this weather) but even that she refuses to wear and would rather wear her ram,sonic the hedgehog hat haha xx

      Delete
  2. I think what you need to do if you want what she wears to school to change is to set strict rules. It wouldn't take long for her to get used to it. You'd have to separate her clothes and accessories out into what is allowed for school and what isn't. You wouldn't be taking anything away from her that way. She'd still have her other things for at home. I've said for ages that I think everyone at school should be wearing the same thing. No brand names etc. It would cut back on bullying and theft. No one's going to want to pinch your jumper if it's the same as the one they've already got! Haha! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think that is a winning idea :) There should defiantly be a rule on brand names being at school, Thank you :) xx

      Delete