Monday 8 June 2015

Making party planning that little bit easier



1. Pick a theme
I always find party planning a hundred times easier once I have a theme to work with, it makes party ware buying so much easier to do. Even when it's as simple as a coloured theme rather than a character or specific activity like a crafty party.  Having the specific theme in mind will help you stick to what it is you have in mind rather than straying onto things you won't end up using and just picked up because.

2. Buy in advance
Grabbing things as you go even if it's months ahead of your planned party date. I usually start at least 3 months early but even tho I start that early I usually end up forgetting all sorts but it's usually only the little things like blu tac, sellotape etc all things I can run out and get the day before.

3. Numbers
I love writing lists! So with a birthday party it's the perfect excuse to write another list of children invited so I can work out numbers for party bags, party game prizes etc. I usually have some spares as you just never know how a party pans out you could have siblings turn up too or you could have one or two not turn up. This is also handy for food planning there's nothing worse than being short of food or even over prepared with food and having to bin so much.

4. Book in advance
Again I'm usually a good few months ahead when it comes to booking halls, bouncy castles etc if I plan to have any of those. This year will be Daisie's first hall party and although her birthday isn't until July a hall I planned to book was fully booked other than one slot on a date after her birthday even than it was only free for 2 hours before someone else would be arriving for their booking time. Which didn't leave us a lot of time to get in set up and cleared up and out. Which has ended up being the same turn out for a different hall that I've booked with, It's always best to book well ahead to save any disappointment which will also help you work out final costs for the day.

9 comments:

  1. Now that my kids will all be in Kindergarten and Preschool this year I know that next years planning for birthdays will be much different from just the "family" ones in the past. Great advice in your post. I am popping over from #mummymonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great fun to plan and seeing the little ones having fun makes all the stressing worthwhile! Thank you for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. I am planning for my daughter's 1st Birthday in October and already picked up a few bits that I have seen on offer. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to grab bits in advance there's plenty of bargains about too! x

      Delete
  3. You are very organised, I usually leave it til the last minute to figure out what we are doing lol #mummymonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I've already started I just know I'll be flapping about like a headless chicken a day before the party because I've forgot stuff, Thank you for stopping by! x

      Delete
  4. Great tips - we have a 5th birthday party coming up in a couple of weeks and I know I'll be rushing around trying to get things sorted last minute. Saying that, I've organised the venue and the entertainment, so it's not all bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should all fall into place now the bigger stuff has been sorted :) Hope you have a fun filled 5th birthday party x

      Delete
  5. Just jump on our inflatable jumper for hours, that way you strengthen your bond with the kids and there really is nothing more enriching than family time.

    ReplyDelete