Wednesday 17 June 2015

Anxiety & Me | Baby Steps



A little while ago I promised myself to do something out of my comfort zone as much as I possibly could after watching a video on facebook and the ending quote was  
"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone" 
So with that in mind I set myself the challenge of going to one of my favourite shopping places alone and refused any offers of someone coming with me, with it being a train ride away is something that the thought of going alone would send me into total melt down.
I woke up that morning to rain and said I may not go but Andy gave me that extra nudge winding me up saying it was excuses so with that in mind I got Issy into school and off  I headed to the train station, I felt my knees go weak as I sat down to wait for my train it felt like my heart was beating in the bottom of my throat and my mouth felt really dry despite drinking water.
I text Andy and let him know how I felt he told me I really didn't have to do it if I didn't feel up to it but I was determined to do it and got on my train when it arrived minutes later, Before I knew it I was getting stuck in with a bit of shopping so stuck in that I didn't even have time to think about a panic attack let alone have one.
I was back to the old me of shopping style where it's only okay to sit down if you was finished!
I did sign up to talk talk which I don't even want nor am I remotely interested in as I have my internet provider already but they were so nice I couldn't bring myself to say no.
Then after I hit primark it was time to head home my arms really couldn't handle anymore bags so I started heading to the train station I didn't expect to be in Bromley for anymore than an hour or so but I landed back in my home town at 2pm!
I left at around 9:45 time really does fly when your having fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment