Saturday 26 April 2014

Outing animal tested products




I've never been for animal testing and have recently decided to out it all together.
I'm yet to go through all of my make-up and household products and get rid of them, I will do a follow up post with a photo of the products I found in my house that test on animals.
It's amazing how many every day products could be tested on animals bleach, general cleaning products, toothpaste, mouth wash, air freshener, sanitary towels, deodorant you name it.
It's nice to see the amount of pages of lists of companies that don't test on animals is a lot bigger than the ones that do with a lovely 28 pages of PDF file compared to the 14 page file of ones that do!
As silly as this may sound I never would have guessed that Olay test on animals their labeling just looks so gentle, Andy found it hilarious when I came out with that they never came across as a company that would test on animals but there they are on the companies that test on animals list :(

Body shop has become a tough one to judge because they don't directly test on animals but are now owned by l'oreal who still use animal tested ingredients so by shopping in body shop are you in a way funding l'oreal and their animal testing ways?

I personally think non animal tested products should have a bit more of  a visible label, being a mum and often having my little ones in tow on the weekly food shop it's not so easy to spend majority of my time hunting for the little leaping rabbit on products I plan to buy or carrying round a 14 page list of animal tested products BUT I will do it if i have to and highlight the products I'm most likely to consider chucking in my trolley.
Another thing that made outing animal tested products harder was differing lists.
I've found lists on the PETA website which I'm following, If you know of any others please do let me know :)





3 comments:

  1. Hi Lulu, great post! It's very rewarding knowing that you are buying cruelty-free products. My latest post includes my collection of cruelty-free skin care products, so do go take a look and there are a few links at the end of the post where you can search for different brands and get some more info. I hope you will get involved with the #BNCproject, it would be great to have you on board. You can email the creator, Lizzie, at lizzieford1996@gmail.com for more info. and then choose from a variety of blog posts to create. Perhaps creating a cruelty-free wishlist would be a great start?! Can't wait to hear more. xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I'd love to take part I'm finding my feet on being able to spy a product that's tested on animals and to find a list that is as close as can be, I've heard PETA isn't such a great one to follow, I'll drop Lizzie an email now :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the PETA one has mainly American companies on it. Great, looking forward to seeing your #BNCproject posts! :) xxx

      Delete