Monday 28 December 2015

How we spent Christmas 15'



First of all I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas, I've been so useless with my blog the past two months my plans of any scheduled christmas posts didn't go plan at all after I got seriously swept up in all the christmas madness, flapping left right and centre over anything and everything.

This christmas we had a big family christmas at home.
We had a total of 12 of us for dinner this was our first year having such a big number to cater for or to cater at all usually we go along to my mum and dads for dinner, Luckily we all worked as a team when it came to buying in everything my mum and dad bought and cooked all of the meats, My aunty done all the desserts and I had the easiest bit of all the trimmings.
I DID have every intention of preparing and cooking said trimmings myself but my parents popped in early after going to my brothers, With an hour to go until our other guests would be arriving and dinner should be almost ready to dish I of course was only half dressed in my tights and skirt with my pyjama top on and hair all over the place we won't even mention my face. I had only got as far as setting up the tables and clearing up all the madness of the mornings present opening.
I had no idea that the potatoes would need boiling before going in the oven so thought I had more than enough time *palm face*  Thank god for mum and dad they ended up peeling and prepping all the veg and even manning the cooking of them on their first christmas off! 
While I finished getting myself sorted, the final pieces of the table and general unnecessary flapping around
Sorry mumsie and pops next year I promise to be more with my time keeping. This Christmas was the first time my mum and dad left the house for christmas dinner in 48 years!!
My dads a hard one to get out the house to any kind of event as you may have read in my beefeater post, once he's out he loves it but its the getting him to come along in the first place.
The cherry on the cake this christmas for me was hearing my dad talking to Daisie about christmas telling her that this years was the best christmas.
It went so well I've been wondering why I've never hosted christmas at my house before, It was so lovely having everyone that means so much to us around our table.

On christmas eve we decided we wouldn't be getting as many pictures as we did in pervious years and to just enjoy the day by being in the moment rather than watching it through a camera screen. It was lovely I am kind of regretting not getting more than I did tho because I barely got any and the ones I did get are either blurry or the lighting was awful.
I even bought plenty of photo props for the dinner table and didn't even get any of those either I totally underestimated the power of food once our plates were full the photo props was the very last thing on our minds.

With christmas day over with its onto the countdown of Issy's 8th birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww how sweet that it was your Dads favourite Christmas! It sounds like a lovely family day :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really made my day over hearing him say it :) It was a really lovely day we are hoping to do it again next year! I hope you had a lovely christmas too x

      Delete
  2. Sounds so busy, but I'm glad you got to enjoy it without a camera pointed in your faces. Merry Christmas and good luck with prepping for Issy's Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty busy, It was lovely not faffing about with a camera all day all though I wish I'd got just a few more or at least a video snippet of our day, Merry christmas to you too hope you had a wonderful day! Thank you I think I might just need it x

      Delete