Monday 16 November 2015

DOTD Convention | MANCHESTER



My big brother is a major Dawn of the dead fan, I on the other hand had never seen the film before but when he contacted me and asked if I fancied going to Manchester to the Dawn of the dead horror convention group meet up, I at first had my doubts first of all it was quite a distance from my bubble of home comforts and secondly I'd never seen the film and to be totally honest never had the urge to either but I accepted the offer as just being with my brother for the day would have been good enough for me!

I had a little while to prepare and watch the film but in true me fashion I watched it the night before we were due to head up to the event.
Friday morning we began our 4 hour trip to Manchester both journeys the traffic was really good other than one slow moment on the way there where a number of clothing items had what I'm guessing fallen from a van.
Other than that it was pretty straight forward all the way there I say straight forward I wasn't the one driving so it's easy for me to say, We checked into our hotel the diamond lodge a lovely hotel if you happen to be looking for a place to stay in Manchester.
We got ourselves ready my brother as a SWAT zombie and myself as Francine from the make-up room scene (yeah we turned some heads)
We waited for our taxi ready to head off to the night full of amazement for my brother and a night of the unknown for me! 
Luckily the film was playing on a few screens through out the night so I could have a quick catch up and my brother could point out who the special guests were.

The event had been put together by Marcus Lewis all from a facebook group for UK DOTD fans although anyone is very much welcome, One fan had travelled all the way from Ireland to be apart of the event! Any money raised from Friday nights event is being put towards next years event they are hoping to be bigger and better. This event is run entirely by BIG fans and is an event for fans, It honestly felt like you were at a family party none of this money money money that you usually find at such events, They had two of Dawn of the dead 1978 actors that had very kindly come over to the UK especially to meet their fans and what Sincere humble men they were.
You can find DOTD events in america and many other countries but this is the first one in the UK and what a brilliant night it was.

(My little head can be spotted in the back row)


If your a DOTD fan and want to be apart of next years event you can join the facebook page 

0 comments:

Post a Comment