Monday 7 September 2015

New Beginnings Reception & Juniors



After a month of preparing buying uniform like a mad woman, hair bows and socks galore, a big shoe drama today was the day I helped tiny and not so dinky feet into the kickers that caused me so much stress! Straightened collars,buttoned up blouses and cardigans, set a pretty hair bow perfectly in place,zipped up coats and placed P.E bags on shoulders.
Today was the day my eldest baby started Juniors and my littlest baby started her new adventure in Reception.
The day I've felt like I've had to learn how to walk all over again because there is no little person by my side to hold on to, I have to walk back home after the morning school run alone. 
No one to share whatever it is I dare open with a little person present, No one to huff at me when I ask for them to pick up their toys they are no longer playing with or telling them no to a packet of sweets or whatever it may be I miss it all. Even the bits that drove me mad at the time
I sit alone in the living room feeling like little Bo peeps sheep not a clue on what to do with myself, I should be doing housework but the house seems far to strange to do anything but sit and watch the clock ready for pick up time!
I suspect I'll do this for a few days before dropping both girls off to school in the morning feels normal as right now it feels so alien to me to not have Daisie beside me on the walk home. 
I'm eager to hear all about what they got up to today, what they've learnt, what they had for lunch, the names of new friends they've made and all about their new teachers.
I'm yet to cry setting my little girl off on their new adventures but I can feel them there its the little things I do and notice there's no one there beside me like there has been for so long that delivers a pang to my heart, I think if Daisie could have she would have told me to just bugger off already this morning when I was hanging around in her class room while she got stuck into the sand pit wanting to hold onto my baby for that little bit longer.



0 comments:

Post a Comment