Monday 24 August 2015

BACK TO SCHOOL BARGAIN



I've wanted a pair of kickers for Issy ever since he started school 3 years ago
but she's a serious toe scuffer so I just wasn't willing to spend £4O+ on a pair of shoes just for them to be ruined within weeks.
With Daisie starting school this year too I really didn't want to get one a pair of kickers and not that other as that just seemed mean, so I um'ed and ar'ed for ages about if the little lip that comes out on the sole would protect the toes some what as Daisie will still be able to play on the bikes in the nursery playground at play times and then I came across the plunks with rubber toes and they seemed perfect.
After all it will take both of them a little bit longer to get through the rubber than it would to take the toe out of some perfect patent ones, My neighbour knew how much I wanted some kickers for them and tagged me in a post on facebook about them being reduced in sports direct right down to £2O down from £44.99 in the plunk style, I just had to get them for bargains sake but they sold out in Daisie's size (size 9) which sent me into a major melt down I finally decided on shoes and they were sold out every where so I gave in and ordered the girls shoes from my studio catalogue instead so they would definitely have some shoes and after all that flapping they were having some bloody kickers!
shoes ordered time to relax and wait for the new school term to start BUT nooo.. Issy's shoes have a please allow 28 days for delivery notice! ARGHH.. So I thought while the kickers from sports direct were only £2O why don't I grab them just incase her's did take the 28 day wait, so I went on to the website and they were reduced again down to £14!! 
Daisie had her heart set on the boot style so I just had to get her some to grow into as lets face it £14 for a pair of £44.99 pair of boots I'd be crazy not to have grabbed them while I could.
My only hang up about our super bargain is I can't shake the feeling they are possibly quite boyish.

£28 for two pairs of £44.99 each pair of boots, I'd call that my bargain of the year!

5 comments:

  1. Love a bargain. Stopping by from #mummymonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats a good bargain does it? :) Thank you for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. definitely a bargain - so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did make all the flapping I done over school shoes worth it :) x

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh they are SO cute! I think I might look into some Kickers for F this winter. She has hypermobile feet so needs insoles and the boots are so sturdy for her bendy ankles!

    ReplyDelete